Friday 11 April 2014

Crazy Quilt Class

This is one of my favourite classes to date. I am learning various techniques in this class. The only stitches in embroidery I knew prior top this class was the blanket, chain and straight stitch. Now I know how to stitch the French Knot, my favourite thus far, and how to use ribbon to create flowers. 

Here's my before and after block.

Palette is a mix of shades of greys, cremes, light brown and white.


I still need to complete a couple of stitching rows, add some beads and finish roses.
My absolute favourite stitch learned from the class is the French Knot.
I also enjoyed working on the iris and cannot wait to start the roses, but I will need to complete the embroidery first. Sure wish there was enough time in day to work on all my projects!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment